Geek OpenStreetMap Module allows you to easily integrate OpenStreetMap into your website. It comes with a simple-to-use back-end control panel and various advanced settings to help you be able to easily customize a map to fit your requirements.
Multiple data sources
Module allows you to load markers from multiple data sources including managed list, GeoJSON files, articles and world GeoCoding service.
Easy to manage markers
You can easily add markers to map with autocomplete search box and draggable selector from powerful settings panel of the module.
The utility helps to manage multiple markers at different zoom levels. When users zoom out a map, the markers gather together into clusters, to make viewing the map cleaner.
This feature enables you to change map style by selecting the Tile Server where the map will get tiles from.
The Geek OpenStreetMap module is packed with one content plugin that enables you to insert map into an article.
An open standard format designed for representing simple geometry types including Points, Lines and Polygons.
This feature enables users can find addresses and places in all supported countries around the world with the search box of the map.
The autocomplete search box enables users to search markers/features location on maps.
Built with Leaflet
OpenStreetMap is a free editable map of the whole world that is being built by volunteers largely from scratch and released with an open-content license.
The OpenStreetMap License allows free (or almost free) access to our map images and all of our underlying map data. The project aims to promote new and interesting uses of this data.
Since Google is now charging users of the Google Maps API, and many users decided to switch to other solutions like OpenStreetMap. That’s why we develop this extension to help Joomla users to integrate OpenStreetMap into your website for ease.
Version 1.0.0 - Initial Release
Release Date: Sep 30, 2019
- Category: Latest Extensions
Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting
September 19, 2019
Time: 17:00 UTC
Total time of meeting: 1 hour 10 minutes
Alexander Metzler (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Jason E Rosenbaum (Treasurer), Djamel Kherbi (Director), Harald Leithner (Director), Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director).
Daniel Dubois (Elected Vice President), Brian Mitchell (Elected Treasurer), Eric Lamy (Elected Director).
Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (President), Jason Nickerson (Director).
Jaz Parkyn served as...
- Category: JBlogs
It's renewal time! We have implemented a new ticketing system. The new system allows us to re-organize our processes to speed the response time of the initial replies and the following replies in a single communication thread.
In the context of the ongoing efforts to improve JED, we have implemented a new ticketing system. The new system allows us to re-organize our processes to speed the response time of the initial replies and the following replies in a single communication thread.
The Critical Improvement
The current JED system was initially implemented as a single extension that managed the directory, and the ticketing system. The objective was ambitious and it has been working fine. However, the ticketing implementation had several particularities that forced us to "answer and close" every ticket that we received after answering.
At this time, we are moving away from the custom ticketing implementation and operating on a best-of-the-class extension for ticket management, following the practice of the rest of Joomla sites. As a consequence, we are standardizing our processes and following the organization standard now.
The new support process is the following. There are three support areas, and you can reach the team to address the associated issues :
- Reported Extensions
- Reported Reviews
Submit a Ticket
To access the new ticket submission form, you have to be registered and logged in to find it in the main menu "Support / Submit a Ticket".
To access your tickets, you can find them in the main menu "Support / My Tickets".
The tickets are answered following these guidelines:
- Every ticket is answered within seven days by our team of volunteers.
- Tickets remain open until they are answered.
- After seven days, if an answered ticket does not receive more replies, it is auto-closed. If the closed ticket gets a new response, then it is re-opened.
- Tickets can be answered by email.
- As an additional enhancement, extension updates must be uploaded to the listing, and they cannot be submitted via the ticketing system.
A few points to take into account
As always, please remember these tips before submitting a new extension:
- The install name of your extension MUST be exactly like the listing name.
- The new extensions are required to implement
the Joomla! Update System as detailed in
this documentation page: https://extensions.joomla.org/support/knowledgebase/item/joomla-update-system-requirement/
- The new extensions must pass the JED Checker validations. These are the Submission Error Codes https://extensions.joomla.org/support/knowledgebase/item/submission-error-codes/
Do you want to collaborate with JED?
Most of the time, we are reviewing new extensions and looking for ways to improve the site. If you want to give us a hand, please, join the team to collaborate and help the community.
Photo by Perry Grone on Unsplash
- Category: Extensions Directory Team
This meeting of the Joomla! Compliance Team has been held on September 25, 2019 at 16.30 CET on Glip.
In attendance: Achilleas Papageorgiou, Luca Marzo, Sandra Decoux, Roland Dalmulder, Sander Potjer, Alkaios Anagnostopoulos.
- Alkaios shared with the team the commits he made on the cookie script that included all the latest ideas and changes.
- Sander to review and implement Alkaios’ work on two test properties in order to evaluate the code status before will commit it to the template repo.
- The latest days Roland was focused on the SSO login performance issue to find a solution. Additionally, reviewed some issues opened by Sander and Achilleas on GH to deliver the best possible
- Category: JBlogs
Ol Testimonials module is designed to showcase testimonials in a slideshow.
Every item has image, title, text, author and author's info.
- Category: Latest Extensions