SD Tinify is an automatic image compressor! Upload images to your website using the media manager or even JCE and the images get compressed automatically. Sometimes the image size gets reduced by 75%! The speed of your website will improve and your visitors will love you!
- Uploaded images get compressed automatically.
- Compress any file or directory from the Joomla media manager.
- The JCE media manager is supported too!
- The speed of your website will improve.
- No set up needed!
- Category: Latest Extensions
Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES
July 28, 2020
- Category: JBlogs
Marketing & Communication Department Team Lead Meeting
- Category: JBlogs
Today’s patch release is aimed at addressing some small issues introduced over the last few versions of Bootstrap 4. Read on for details and update when you’re ready.
From the addition of responsive containers in v4.4.0 to the most recent row and column adjustments, we had been making incremental changes to our grid system. While our changes have solved some issues, they’ve broken other behaviors and introduced new complexities.
Today’s release rolls back and restores a few things:
#31438 restores the
make-container-max-widthsmixin. We won’t be using the mixin ourselves, but it will remain in the codebase for the rest of v4 with today’s release. We’ve added a deprecation notice as well.
flex: 1 0 100%from
.rows. This was added to address shrinking rows inside the navbar component after our responsive containers were added in v4.4.0. Removing this rolls us back to the expected grid and flex behavior—your row will shrink unfortunately without further changes. We could add extra custom CSS to address this, but it seems shortsighted to rush into that. Instead, apply
.rowand your row will behave as usual.
Similarly, v4.5.1 already removed the
min-width: 0 on
change was introduced to fix
not fitting to a column. This an issue with how flexbox works,
where a flex container cannot shrink beyond its children’s content.
Rather than force this on every column, we recommend you apply this
as needed with a custom utility. (We’ll also aim to add this as a
new utility in v5.)
We know this kind of hiccups set you back, so please accept our apologies for the bugs. Be sure to read the referenced pull requests above to get up to speed on what happened and how we fixed it. This CodePen demo has all the known grid issues and fixes implemented in it.
- Category: Developer News
We’re shipping our latest patch release today to fix a handful of bugs in Bootstrap 4. While our focus remains on v5’s second alpha release (coming in the next couple weeks), we want to keep v4 as stable and reliable as possible.
Our next couple releases for Bootstrap 4 will continue this trend, focusing on bug fixes, documentation improvements, and (later on) features that help bridge the gap to v5.
Also available in the v4.5.1 release on GitHub.
- #30808: Simplify
list-groupborders in cards
- #30810: Add
.custom-checkto fix their rendering in CSS columns
- #30817: Add
- #30830: Prevent conflicts with components with classes
- #30922: Fix color on disabled checked state for custom controls
- #30932: Restore
- #30940: Prevent
.rowfrom shrinking in flex containers
- #30957: Nullify custom form states’
- #30959: Toasts in IE11
- #30960: Fix IE11 validation tooltip alignment in input groups
- #30965: Improve floating labels example in IE
- #30966: Improve floating labels with Edge and a general refactor
- #30969: Remove duplicated container breakpoints in compiled CSS
- #30999: Revert
.coldue to unforeseen side effects
- #31148: Remove duplicate properties on custom controls
- #31165: Remove
backdrop-filterfrom docs subnav and toasts
- #31339: Add link to view docs pages on GitHub
- #31347: Turn off scroll anchoring for accordions
- #31381: Remove
overflow: hiddenfrom toasts
- #30326: Prevent overflowing static backdrop modal animation
- #30936: Add
- #30992: Avoid preventing input event onclick
- #31155: Clear timeout before showing the toast
- #30797: Fix release script docs
- #31011: Updated Babel config
- #31296: Update to Ruby 2.7 and Bundler 2.x
- #30809: Update docs callout for responsive SVG images
- #30813: Mention Bootstrap Icons in
- #30896: Improve wording on Downloads page
- #30897: Prevent skip links from overlapping header in docs
- #30957: Add
- #30973: Update some nav examples by removing
.nav-linkto be more consistent
- #31070: Fix some broken examples and typos
- #31135: Move color utility callouts to start of page
- #31234: Clean up docs forms for accessibility
Head to the v4.5 docs to see the latest in action. The full release has been published to npm and will soon appear on the BootstrapCDN and Rubygems.
We’ll be shipping our second alpha of v5 in the next few weeks. We’ve been a little delayed as we focus on ourselves during these unprecedented times and have all been taking a bit of time off here and there. We’re sorry to keep y’all waiting on v5 and hope you can understand.
After v5’s second alpha, we’ll be targeting a final alpha before our first beta, as well as more patches for v4. We’ll also be releasing the Bootstrap Icons soon. So stay tuned for more!
Support the team
- Category: Developer News