It's renewal time! We have implemented a new ticketing system. The new system allows us to re-organize our processes to speed the response time of the initial replies and the following replies in a single communication thread.
In the context of the ongoing efforts to improve JED, we have implemented a new ticketing system. The new system allows us to re-organize our processes to speed the response time of the initial replies and the following replies in a single communication thread.
The Critical Improvement
The current JED system was initially implemented as a single extension that managed the directory, and the ticketing system. The objective was ambitious and it has been working fine. However, the ticketing implementation had several particularities that forced us to "answer and close" every ticket that we received after answering.
At this time, we are moving away from the custom ticketing implementation and operating on a best-of-the-class extension for ticket management, following the practice of the rest of Joomla sites. As a consequence, we are standardizing our processes and following the organization standard now.
The new support process is the following. There are three support areas, and you can reach the team to address the associated issues :
- Reported Extensions
- Reported Reviews
Submit a Ticket
To access the new ticket submission form, you have to be registered and logged in to find it in the main menu "Support / Submit a Ticket".
To access your tickets, you can find them in the main menu "Support / My Tickets".
The tickets are answered following these guidelines:
- Every ticket is answered within seven days by our team of volunteers.
- Tickets remain open until they are answered.
- After seven days, if an answered ticket does not receive more replies, it is auto-closed. If the closed ticket gets a new response, then it is re-opened.
- Tickets can be answered by email.
- As an additional enhancement, extension updates must be uploaded to the listing, and they cannot be submitted via the ticketing system.
A few points to take into account
As always, please remember these tips before submitting a new extension:
- The install name of your extension MUST be exactly like the listing name.
- The new extensions are required to implement
the Joomla! Update System as detailed in
this documentation page: https://extensions.joomla.org/support/knowledgebase/item/joomla-update-system-requirement/
- The new extensions must pass the JED Checker validations. These are the Submission Error Codes https://extensions.joomla.org/support/knowledgebase/item/submission-error-codes/
Do you want to collaborate with JED?
Most of the time, we are reviewing new extensions and looking for ways to improve the site. If you want to give us a hand, please, join the team to collaborate and help the community.
Photo by Perry Grone on Unsplash