Google's Sheets product is their version of Microsoft Excel.
It is really easy to add Google's spreadsheets to Joomla sites, using our OSEmbed extension.
You can embed Google Sheets into your Joomla site with just a URL.
Step #1. Install OSEmbed
- You can download OSEmbed from Alledia.com. Choose the Pro options for Google Sheets embeds.
- Install OSEmbed into your site.
Step #2. Get the Google Sheets URL
- Visit drive.google.com and find the form you want to embed.
- Click the Share button in the top-right.
- We now need to change who can access the document. Click the "Change" link:
- Choose to make the document public on the web:
- Copy the link in the box:
Step #3. Add the Google Sheets URL to a Joomla article
- Go to your Joomla site and login.
- Add the Google Sheets URL to a Joomla article:
The URL will automatically be turned into a working Google spreadsheet! You'll see a preview inside the editor:
The Google spreadsheet embed will work perfectly on the front of your site.
About the author
Steve is the founder of OSTraining. Originally from the UK, he now lives in Sarasota in the USA. He was a teacher for many years before starting OSTraining. Steve wrote the best-selling Drupal and Joomla books.