- Category: Dev News
The post Add Likes, Bookmarks, Favorites, and Other Marks in your Application With Laravel Markable appeared first on Laravel News.
- Category: Dev News
This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase from Monday 4th to Sunday 10th of April 2022.
Last week was merged a Pull Request that change the way used to escape Smarty output. This should fix multiple issues introduced by the security bugfixes of PrestaShop 126.96.36.199 (see the bug report) and will be delivered with the release of PrestaShop 188.8.131.52 in a few weeks.
- Statssales module: v2.1.0
- Prestashop UI Kit: v1.2.5
- Blockreassurance module: v5.1.1
- PrestaShop module parser: v1.2.1
- GDPR module: v1.4.1
- Circuit-breaker: v4.0.1
- Distribution-api: v0.0.1
A quick update about PrestaShop’s GitHub issues and pull requests:
- 55 new issues have been created in the project repositories;
- 51 issues have been closed, including 14 fixed issues on the core;
- 119 pull requests have been opened in the project repositories;
- 114 pull requests have been closed, including 102 merged pull requests.
Code changes in the ‘develop’ branch
- #28119: Bump phpstan/phpstan to 1.5.4, by @Progi1984
- #28088: Simplify
LoadServicesFromModulesPass::process. Thank you @PululuK
- #28020: Remove deprecated methods in CacheClearer class, by @PierreRambaud
- #27962: Added module psgdpr, by @Progi1984
- #27960: Remove Adapter\Tools::link_rewrite, by @PierreRambaud
- #27957: Remove getSafeModeStatus method, by @PierreRambaud
- #27657: Deprecate cleanNonUnicodeSupport function. Thank you @davidglezz
- #28178: Update prestakit to 1.2.5, by @jolelievre
- #28172: Remove unwanted pnpm-lock.yml file, by @NeOMakinG
- #28146: Update wording of a tooltip in products settings page - fix #13841. Thank you @marsaldev
- #28118: Fix contextual notification in Product Page v2 Edit Page, by @Progi1984
- #28104: Removed duplicate in SpecificPriceRule::getAffectedProducts, by @Progi1984
- #28050: Fix iframe modal scrollbars, by @jolelievre
- #27839: Wrong error message in logs. Thank you @tlgsoledis
- #27795: Fixed notice ‘Undefined index: reduction_applies’, by @Progi1984
- #27611: Use Vazir font with a node module instead of CDN, by @NeOMakinG
- #27440: Update BO architecture in product settings page, by @PierreRambaud
- #27439: Don’t use 0 value for carrier name. Thank you @okom3pom
- #26377: Allow to print order messages. Thank you @PululuK
- #25872: Make Shop Parameters > Order Settings forms multistore compatible. Thank you @micka-fdz
- #28117: Update function getCustomerOrders to avoid error. Thank you @NicolasCador
- #27292: Add category additional description. Thank you @Hlavtox
- #28181: Fix nightly 08/04/2022 - Fix default customer and address IDs. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #28170: Functional tests - Fix log tests. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #28168: Functional tests - Fix product settings tests. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #28163: Fix PHPstan error, by @jolelievre
- #28159: Functional tests - Add new test ‘Search, add and remove voucher from new order page’. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #28138: Fix nightly 05/04/2022 and fix some random errors. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #27945: Functional tests - Add new test ‘Add product to cart’ in BO. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
Code changes in the ‘1.7.8.x’ branch
- #27806: Change the way that smarty is escaped to avoid exception when parsing. Thank you @Amoifr
- #27615: Fix header on default pages on mobile, by @NeOMakinG
- #27162: Increase maximum country state name length from 32 to 80 characters. Thank you @rickygzz
- #28112: Out of stock label displayed even stock management disabled. Thank you @Amit-Kumar-Tiwari-Webkul
- #28101: Remove .browserslistrc file on themes folder. Thank you @micka-fdz
- #28028: Remove duplicate error messages in account and address creation, by @atomiix
Code changes in modules, themes & tools
Prestashop UI Kit
- #190: Bump moment from 2.29.1 to 2.29.2. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #189: Release 1.2.5, by @jolelievre
- #188: Bump version 1.2.5, by @jolelievre
- #186: Add rule to force disabled background on focus and hover, by @jolelievre
- #23: Added module
blockreassurancein Core, by @Progi1984
- #22: Added module
psgdprin Core, by @Progi1984
- #18: Add category additional description. Thank you @Hlavtox
- #16: Fix: quickview width buggy on some products, by @NeOMakinG
- #170: Update anonymous password, by @PierreRambaud
- #169: Fix break lines in Help Section, by @Progi1984
- #168: Release 1.4.1, by @matks
- #167: Bump version to 1.4.1. Thank you @micka-fdz
- #166: Removed call to
api.addons.prestashop.com, by @Progi1984
- #165: Remove the deprecated method
Tools::jsonDecode, Fix Reset & Bump to 1.4.1, by @Progi1984
Customer reassurance block module
- #388: Fixes some bugs in Edit Page, by @Progi1984
- #387: Bump webpack from 5.71.0 to 5.72.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #386: Release 5.1.1, by @Progi1984
- #385: Bump version to 5.1.1, by @Progi1984
- #384: Fixed path for custom images, by @Progi1984
- #383: Bump @babel/core from 7.17.8 to 7.17.9. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #382: Bump eslint-plugin-import from 2.25.4 to 2.26.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #381: Bump webpack from 5.70.0 to 5.71.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #359: Removed unuseful dependencies, by @Progi1984
Faceted search module
- #643: Bump webpack from 5.71.0 to 5.72.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #642: Bump @babel/core from 7.17.8 to 7.17.9. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #641: Bump eslint-plugin-import from 2.25.4 to 2.26.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #640: Bump ansi-regex from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #639: Bump webpack from 5.70.0 to 5.71.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
Changes in developer documentation sources
- #1358: Backport 1313, by @matks
- #1357: Backport 1308, by @matks
- #1356: Backport of 1303, by @matks
- #1355: Backport 1293, by @matks
- #1354: Backport 1179, by @matks
- #1353: Backport 1240, by @matks
- #1352: Backport 1180, by @matks
- #1351: Backport 1183, by @matks
- #1350: Backport of PR 1123, by @matks
- #1349: Minor typo. Thank you @dpatou
- #1348: Fix module mail templates example. Thank you @PululuK
- #1347: Backport PR 1119, by @matks
- #1346: Unindent code block. Thank you @lmeyer1
- #1343: Add related PR instructions. Thank you @Hlavtox
- #1341: Fix MyGridDefinitionFactory code example. Thank you @adricorse
- #1328: Remove 1.7 core change pages, add link to 1.7 doc, by @matks
- #9: Add more info about modules, by @atomiix
- #8: Fix workflows, by @atomiix
- #7: Make distribution API upload assets itself, by @atomiix
The PrestaShop open source project
Auto Upgrade module
- #473: Add pages to enable maintenance mode before upgrade, by @boubkerbribri
- #446: Add category additional description column during upgrade. Thank you @Hlavtox
Google Analytics module
Core Weekly Generator tool
CsaGuzzle Bundle (fork)
Social Follow module
Wishlist block module
Sales and orders statistics module
- #25: Fixed calculation in SQL query if there are no refunds, by @Progi1984
- #22: Release 2.1.0, by @Progi1984
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @dependabot[bot], @Progi1984, @nesrineabdmouleh, @jolelievre, @PierreRambaud, @matks, @NeOMakinG, @lmeyer1, @atomiix, @marsaldev, @eternoendless, @micka-fdz, @dpatou, @boubkerbribri, @PululuK, @Hlavtox, @NicolasCador, @Amit-Kumar-Tiwari-Webkul, @adricorse, @jf-viguier, @MeKeyCool, @tlgsoledis, @Amoifr, @davidglezz, @okom3pom, @rickygzz!
Thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with issues and comments on GitHub!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use GitHub to report an issue. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!
- Category: Dev News
Contributing to PrestaShop is not only about the code, it is also about taking part in the PrestaShop translation project! This report will tell you how the translations of the software evolved in March!
:speech_balloon: Contributor interviews
Have you ever wondered who was hiding behind a GitHub or a Crowdin username? Contributor interviews are a great way of getting to know the people who participate in the PrestaShop project. Since January, we have interviewed 4 contributors: Krystian Podemski, Lorenz Meyer, Jean-François Viguier, and Daniel Hlaváček.
Why not you?
If you would like to share your experience, please feel free to
send an email to
💕 Many thanks to newcomers
Many people subscribe to the project(s) of their choice each month, but not so many start translating straight away. For that reason, we would like to thank Najibah Abu Bakar , waldemaremmrich, Дмитрий Маслов, Ростислав, and Dave Müller who rushed into the effort immediately!
A few stats
- 12 members were active on the project this month.
- A total of 19,514 words have been translated and 17,452 validated.
- All this in 12 different languages.
Thank you very much for your involvement!
A lot of you are working every day on Crowdin to have PrestaShop available in many languages, and PrestaShop cannot thank you enough for your dedication! Here are the most active translators and proofreaders in March 2022.
Top 5 translators in March:
|1.||Ramon J. Batlle (rjbatllet)||Catalan||14,142|
|3.||M. Mirena (mmirena)||Albanian||1,732|
Top 5 proofreaders in March:
|1.||Ramon J. Batlle (rjbatllet)||Catalan||14,153|
|3.||M. Mirena (mmirena)||Albanian||1,371|
|4.||戢斌斌 (adonis_cn)||Chinese Simplified||56|
|5.||Piotr Reglinski (ReGi)||Polish||25|
Congratulations, and welcome to our new top contributors! :clap:
Remember, you can see who has been contributing to our translation project thanks to the Translators page.
Fully available languages
At the end of February, PrestaShop 1.7.8 was fully available (= 100% translated and validated) in 19 languages. That’s great! Thank you for your involvement. :tada:
|Bosnian||Catalan||Chinese simplified||Chinese traditional|
Thank you all for your contribution! And remember, in order to get back to a 100% completion rate, all the new 1.7.8 strings should be translated and validated… Your project needs you! :muscle:
Korean is almost fully available. There is only 1% of strings to
proofread. There isn’t much work left, so if you wish to help to
proofread what has been translated, please send an email to
Languages with the best evolution
The following languages had the best progress in February thanks to the translation community:
- Hungarian (+3% to reach 100% translated and validated)
- Albanian (+3% to reach 37% translated)
- Chinese simplified (+1% to reach 100% translated and validated)
A huge thank you to all the contributors!
Of course, this is highlighting the languages that made some progress with new translations; but it does not mean that the languages that are not mentioned here are not active. Indeed, some editing and rewriting may be going on, but the percentage of translation would not be modified (since the work happens on strings that are already translated). So let’s not forget about the work of other contributors! Thanks to you too!
Let’s keep in touch!
If you have not joined us on Crowdin yet, it is never too late! :wink:
You can also join the #translation channel of the PrestaShop open source Slack. On this channel, I share information about the translation project. You will also be informed about the publication of the Crowdin monthly report. Of course, you will also be able to ask questions, suggest ideas, or get in touch with other translators.
- Category: Dev News
- Category: Dev News
The project’s third session of this year edition of our public demo was held and streamed live on April 6th, 2022.
The session’s agenda was as follows:
- 00:00 Beginning of the session, introduction, project news
- 04:01 New distribution API by @atomiix
- 16:02 Front office optimizations by @Hlavtox
- 26:25 Current hummingbird theme state by @NeOMakinG
- 39:15 Questions & Answers
You can use the timestamps to jump directly to the parts you want to watch.
Also, you can take a look at the slides presented during the demo here.
We are available for feedback about the project and the software. We invite everyone to join us on Slack.
Next session in May
Save the date: the next demo will be streamed live on Wednesday, May 4th, 2022, at 4 PM CET. See you then!