This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase from Monday 1st to Sunday 7th of August 2022.
The ongoing work with PrestaShop 8 Beta is still the team’s number one priority. Last week a new Distribution API Client and Contextual Help API were released, two modules that are an integral part of the upcoming version, replacing the old Module Manager and back office help sidebar.
A few months ago, the
Classic theme stopped
being used in PrestaShop 8 core’s repository. It is now included as
a project’s dependency using Composer. This is why the team created a new tag on its repository to ensure
that PrestaShop 8 will use a theme version dedicated to this
Expect more news about PrestaShop 8 Beta in the upcoming days.
A quick update about PrestaShop’s GitHub issues and pull requests:
- 53 new issues have been created in the project repositories;
- 38 issues have been closed, including 12 fixed issues on the core;
- 45 pull requests have been opened in the project repositories;
- 41 pull requests have been closed, including 35 merged pull requests.
Code changes in the ‘develop’ branch
- #28820: Add employee info on the Payments tab when payment is registered, by @Progi1984
- #28799: Sort product table (in email, invoices and order view) by reference id, by @Progi1984
Code changes in the ‘8.0.x’ branch
- #29261: Bump distribution API module to 1.0.1, by @matks
- #29239: Update composer deps and lock classic to beta-2.0.0, by @matks
- #28658: Bump
prestashop/ps_cashondeliveryto 2.0.1, by @Progi1984
- #29199: Fix 29165 BO input unit display. Thank you @FabienPapet
- #29174: Toggle condition availability based on show_condition. Thank you @zuk3975
- #29024: Fixes BO Dashdoard Button wrong display. Thank you @LouisAUTHIE
Code changes in the ‘1.7.8.x’ branch
- #27422: Use core translations sources for themes in addition to the translations of the theme itself, by @atomiix
Code changes in modules, themes & tools
The PrestaShop open source project
Changes in developer documentation sources
- #1433: Fix broken image link after PR 1428 merged. Thank you @leemyongpakvn
- #1431: Update introduction.md. Thank you @LouisAUTHIE
- #1428: Add missing char; replace newer release image; add needed link. Thank you @leemyongpakvn
- #1407: Update introduction.md. Thank you @LouisAUTHIE
- #1378: Link for Clone the repository using Git. Thank you @leemyongpakvn
Module Releases Monitor
Category tree links module
- #61: Bump version to 2.0.3. Thank you @okom3pom
- #59: Fix the category tree on pages that are not a category, by @kpodemski
Customer reassurance block module
- #435: Bump @babel/core from 7.18.9 to 7.18.10. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #434: Bump eslint from 8.20.0 to 8.21.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
Faceted search module
- #697: Bump eslint from 8.20.0 to 8.21.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #696: Bump @babel/cli from 7.18.9 to 7.18.10. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #695: Bump @babel/node from 7.18.9 to 7.18.10. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #694: Bump @babel/core from 7.18.9 to 7.18.10. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #693: Bump @babel/preset-env from 7.18.9 to 7.18.10. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #679: fix FacetFilters widget disappears after a no facet filter. Thank you @leemyongpakvn
Contextual Help API
- #13: Use GitHub as source instead of confluence, by @atomiix
- #10: Launching production environment. Thank you @djodjo3
PrestaShop contributors website
Distribution API Client
Wishlist block module
Auto Upgrade module
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @matks, @eternoendless, @leemyongpakvn, @LouisAUTHIE, @okom3pom, @dependabot[bot], @atomiix, @Progi1984, @JBLach, @FabienPapet, @NeOMakinG, @zuk3975, @kpodemski, @djodjo3, @drc0!
Thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with issues and comments on GitHub!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use GitHub to report an issue. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!