This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase from Monday 8th to Sunday 14th of August 2022.
Last week maintainers team released PrestaShop 8 Beta. This is a major release, and your feedback is essential. You can report bugs on Github or contribute to fixing bugs. The team is waiting for your feedback until September 5, 2022.
A quick update about PrestaShop’s GitHub issues and pull requests:
- 35 new issues have been created in the project repositories;
- 39 issues have been closed, including 23 fixed issues on the core;
- 43 pull requests have been opened in the project repositories;
- 41 pull requests have been closed, including 36 merged pull requests.
Code changes in the ‘develop’ branch
- #29113: More data available for the productoutofstock email, by @kpodemski
- #26788: Cart: replace this->getAssociatedLanguage()->getId() by equivalent th…. Thank you @lmeyer1
- #29161:  Fix update order status settings with readonly user. Thank you @FabienPapet
- #29114: BO > Customers > Addresses - Required fields are not used in back office. Thank you @okom3pom
- #28762: Target the table on the reload of the page after a sort, by @Progi1984
- #28441: IP white list should not be preconfigured. Thank you @lmeyer1
- #27987: States : Migrate Add & Edit Forms, by @Progi1984
Code changes in the ‘8.0.x’ branch
- #29306: Fix specific price creation for dedicated customer. Thank you @zuk3975
- #29278: Fix undefined quantity index in light product list. Thank you @zuk3975
- #29272: Making PHP8.1 implicit conversion explicit. Thank you @FabienPapet
- #29256: When there no module upgrade script to run, make module upgrade succeed, by @Quetzacoalt91
- #29230: Add help.prestashop-project.org documentation links & fix popup opening. Thank you @FabienPapet
- #29180: Fix order payment currency unit. Thank you @FabienPapet
- #28886: Refacto bridge controller initiation and resolve feedback. Thank you @zuk3975
- #28752: Improve extendability of the new product page form, by @jolelievre
- #29311: Functional tests - Skip some steps on ‘FO > Edit information’ test after the new behavior. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #29290: Fix nightly 8.0.x - 09/08/2022 - ‘Enable/Disable guest checkout’ and ‘Check links in footer page’. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #28846: Functional tests - Add new test ‘Change Currency’ in FO. Thank you @sallemiines
Code changes in the ‘1.7.8.x’ branch
- #29307: Remove module_card.js from the product page v1, by @NeOMakinG
- #29214: Fix logo on pdf for RTL. Thank you @MeKeyCool
Code changes in modules, themes & tools
Changes in developer documentation sources
- #1443: Backport of 1442. Thank you @leemyongpakvn
- #1442: Fix minor typo and syntax. Thank you @leemyongpakvn
Core Weekly Generator tool
Module Releases Monitor
Faceted search module
- #692: Fix: BO - New filters template - an error is displayed in the console when we click save. Thank you @leemyongpakvn
Customer reassurance block module
- #432: Fix: BO - Titles are not well displayed (overlap labels) with mobile. Thank you @leemyongpakvn
- #430: Fix: non-svg custom icon is hidden in FO after editing in BO. Thank you @leemyongpakvn
Product Comments module
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @ga-devfront, @kpodemski, @nesrineabdmouleh, @NeOMakinG, @zuk3975, @dependabot[bot], @JBLach, @leemyongpakvn, @jolelievre, @FabienPapet, @Quetzacoalt91, @MeKeyCool, @matthieu-rolland, @okom3pom, @sallemiines, @Progi1984, @lmeyer1, @idnovate!
Thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with issues and comments on GitHub!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use GitHub to report an issue. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!