This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase from Monday 29th of August to Sunday 4th of September 2022.
PrestaShop 8 beta phase has ended. Quality Assurance team will post all the regressions discovered after exploratory tests in the release progress page on GitHub. QA and Maintainers’ team will now focus on fixing and testing issues considered as blocking for the release, as well as on the work on the autoupgrade module to ensure that the upgrade path from 1.7 to 8.0 is stable.
In other news, Maintainers’ team released a security patch for the Product Comments module. We highly recommend upgrading it.
Last but not least, a reminder about this week’s Public Demo that will take place on Wednesday.
A quick update about PrestaShop’s GitHub issues and pull requests:
- 28 new issues have been created in the project repositories;
- 28 issues have been closed, including 12 fixed issues on the core;
- 63 pull requests have been opened in the project repositories;
- 68 pull requests have been closed, including 52 merged pull requests.
Code changes in the ‘develop’ branch
Code changes in the ‘8.0.x’ branch
- #29502: Do not add theme translation resources if theme is null, by @atomiix
- #29410: Update hooks for dynamic hooks, by @jolelievre
- #29417: Fix delivery time for multishop. Thank you @MeKeyCool
- #29416: Fix customer form validation from module. Thank you @zuk3975
- #29388: Fix customer voucher “active” column in customer view page. Thank you @zuk3975
- #29324: Fix click event not sent in addPaymentButton. Thank you @FabienPapet
- #29514: Sanity tests - Fix random error in ‘Create product’ V2 test. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #29511: Fix nightly 8.0.x 01/09/2022 - Fix ‘FO > Edit information’ , ‘FO > CRUD address’ and ‘BO > Payment block’ tests. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #29468: Sanity tests - Refacto and add new test ‘CRUD virtual product’. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #29452: Functional tests - Fix ‘FO > User account> Edit information’ test. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #29443: Functional tests - Fix errors on nightly 8.0.x. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #29438: Sanity tests - Add new test ‘CRUD product with combinations’ V2. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
Code changes in the ‘1.7.8.x’ branch
Code changes in modules, themes & tools
- #368: Fix undefined index on category-footer. Thank you @lramos-prolaser
- #365: Update theme name. Thank you @PrestaEdit
- #364: order return table fix. Thank you @JBLach
Distribution API Client
- #9: Release 1.0.2, by @jolelievre
- #8: Bump version 1.0.2, by @jolelievre
- #7: Fix translation domain, by @jolelievre
Google Analytics module
Changes in developer documentation sources
- #1477: Update jQuery version. Thank you @PrestaEdit
- #1476: Fix jQuery version. Thank you @PrestaEdit
- #1474: Correct the folder and extension of css output. Thank you @PrestaEdit
- #1473: Correct the folder and extension of css output. Thank you @PrestaEdit
- #1463: Define missing hooks in list. Thank you @zuk3975
- #1332: Add hint about var/cache folder for upgrade. Thank you @pkirk
- #50: feat: Adds mobile and phone preview for future updates. Thank you @amaury-hanser
- #49: Add class for additional category description. Thank you @JBWModules
- #43: Fix ps_facetedsearch - bad display after clearing a filter of no result. Thank you @leemyongpakvn
- #92: Bump axios and @nuxtjs/axios. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #91: Bump minimist from 1.2.0 to 1.2.6. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #90: Bump moment-timezone from 0.5.27 to 0.5.37. Built by @dependabot[bot]
Prestashop UI Kit
- #314: Update version manager to handle PS 8.0.0 versions, by @atomiix
- #312: Updated the domain update script to update data depending on domain. Thank you @Clovel
Customer reassurance block module
Faceted search module
- #702: Bump eslint from 8.22.0 to 8.23.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #701: Bump json-schema from 0.2.3 to 0.4.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
Auto Upgrade module
Links list module
- #57: Upgrade vendor versions. Thank you @Amoifr
- #56: Create command to list CQRS endpoints. Thank you @Amoifr
Wire payment module
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @lramos-prolaser, @nesrineabdmouleh, @atomiix, @jolelievre, @PrestaEdit, @amaury-hanser, @dependabot[bot], @Progi1984, @FabienPapet, @zuk3975, @MeKeyCool, @Clovel, @JBWModules, @JBLach, @okom3pom, @kpodemski, @Amoifr, @Hlavtox, @yanmakouf, @leemyongpakvn, @pkirk!
Thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with issues and comments on GitHub!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use GitHub to report an issue. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!