Emojis are popular. You can see them everywhere on Facebook, Twitter, and now in Joomla too!
I'm a fan of typing emoticons in the old way. On the web, I usually type the smiley one with :) and (y) to represent a thumbs up.
In this tutorial, I'll share a trick to convert those old school emoticons into the new emojis supported in Joomla 3, using the ReReplacer extension.
Step #1. Emoji support
- Double-check that your Joomla site has support for emojis. This tutorial will guide you. Make sure to check the section "If your Joomla 3.5 site does not support emoji".
Step #2. Download and Install ReReplacer
Step #3. Create the replacement
- Go to Components.
- Regular Labs - ReReplacer, or NoNumber ReReplacer (old brand name).
- Click New.
I want to replace :) and (y) with and .
- So, I fill in the Search area separating each emoticon with a comma.
- In Replace, I copy and paste the emojis taken from the GetEmoji site, also separated by a comma.
- Set Treat as List as "yes".
- Type a title.
- Save and close.
Step #4. End result
Any instance of (y) and :) will be converted into cute emojis in frontend, thanks to ReReplacer.
About the author
Valentín creates beautiful designs from amongst the tequila plants of Jalisco, Mexico. You can see Valentín's design work all over this site and you can often find him helping members in our support forum.
Read more https://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/rereplacer-emojis/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ostrainingjoomla+%28OSTraining+Joomla%29